Some Commonly Asked Questions By PEST OFF Customers
1. What do I need to do to prepare for the treatment?
We do ask clients to bring in some primary plannings to assure your safety and to serve with the treatment process;
- cast away or cover all food and wash dishes.
- Put away towels, toothbrushes and toilet paper.
- Put aside any treasured items that possibly tumped over.
- Cover or put away pet food and water bowls.
- Cover fish tanks and turn off the filter.
- Cover the head end of the bed and put away all pillows. Cover cots.
- Cover lounge furniture (Couches, Chairs, Pillows).
- Ensure dogs are secured while the technician is on-site.
Additional Requirement For Spider Treatments
- Do not remove webs.
Requirements For Flea Treatments
- Remove any small items from the floor and items underneath beds. The more floor space we can cover the better the treatment
- If you are getting bitten in bed, strip the bed and hot wash the sheets.
- Vacuum carpets thoroughly (optional). If so, seal and discard the contents of the vacuum bag in the rubbish.
2. How long do I have to be away from the house?
- For any internal treatments you must vacate the house for a minimum of 4.5 hours from the time we arrive.
- For external treatments you are able to stay at home if you remain inside and close all doors and windows.
3. Do I have to do anything when I return?
- For Indoor Flies | Spider Treatments Please Ensure You;
– Open up doors and windows and remain outside for 15 mins to ensure residual odors air out.
– Rub down food cooking surfaces, tables, bathroom terrace tops and doorknobs instantly upon re-entering.
- For Flea Treatments;
– Please wear socks or slippers round the clock and assure babies play on blankets. These are to avoid extended contact with any left over dampness in the deep pile of the rugs.
- For outside spider handling, forget spider webs in place for five days earlier removing.
4. Are the treatments safe for pregnancy/children/babies and pets?
Most treatments use synthetic pyrethroids (which are based on natural pyrethrums). The products we apply have been proved secure in sensitive situations across a number of decades. All treatments are professionally held and are at a level that won’t effect mammals and are readily metabolised (i.e. if you do come into contact with the treatment it will pass straight through you and not build up in your body).
5. Is there one treatment that will take care of all pests?
No. Treatments are most effectual if they are customized to the type of pest. If you are seeking a general preventative maintenance treatment we commend a General Pest Control treatment.
6. How do I pay?
We accept Cash, Cheque or Credit Card (Visa/Mastercard). We also offer internet banking by prior arrangement.